Have you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident? Many times, the carelessness of car, truck, SUV and semi-truck drivers are to blame for causing serious injuries. Whatever the reason may be, a motorcyclist who has years of experience obeying traffics laws, driving defensively and continuously staying on guard can be involved in an accident.
At Grover Law Firm, we understand what you are up against and know what navigating the legal system, properly investigating and negotiating with insurance companies’ entails. We want to help you, and all motorcycle accident victims receive the compensation they deserve.
Common Motorcycle Accidents
The most common injuries motorcyclists sustain after an accident include:
- Legs and lower extremities: This can include broken bones, torn muscles, severe burns, lacerations, and, in more severe accidents, the loss of limbs.
- Hands, arms, and torso: These types of injuries include broken bones, severe burns, torn muscles, and lacerations.
- Head injuries: These types of injuries can involve damage to the head that is surface level, such as cuts or bruises, or sustaining more severe injuries such as concussions and brain damage.
- Spinal cord and back: These types of injuries include strains and injured vertebra. Damage to this area of the body can be ambiguous, as symptoms often take time to reveal themselves.
- Road rash: This is a type of friction burn, which is caused after a wipeout by sliding against the ground at high speed. The injuries can be as minor as cuts and scrapes or as serious as bone and muscle exposure.
The Process of Making a Claim
Thankfully, many medical expenses are covered by the provincial healthcare system and through insurance plans and employee benefits, however, there are many costs that are not covered by the government or other plans. Some of these costs include physiotherapy, massages, or acupuncture, as well as costs associated by the impact the sustained injuries have on your life and ability to continue working afterwards.
In many cases, victims of motorcycle accidents suffer loss of income or loss of future earning potential, which is something you can include in a claim for damages.
Maximize Your Compensation
Grover Law Firm has over 20 years of experience in successful dealings with personal injury claims. We understand the way insurance companies work, the method they use to approach claims, and what you will need to do in order to maximize the compensation you are entitled to receive. Our skilled and experienced team will work to build you the strongest case possible. Please contact us at (403) 253-1029.