Sexual Harassment Claims in Calgary
Sexual assault can have traumatizing and long-lasting effects on you and your family. Sex crimes can take various forms, including stalking, harassment, groping, forced sex, child sex abuse, exploitation, and gang rape. How you handle your case, in the beginning, can affect the results of your case. Before you speak to any authoritative figure, it’s important to seek legal guidance and advice to ensure nothing can be used against you in the future. If you’re looking for a sexual assault claims lawyer in Calgary, please contact us! Our team of experienced sexual harassment claims lawyers in Calgary is here for you.
The Implications of Sexual Harassment Cases
The defamation and stigma associated with sex crimes can have long-lasting effects. When someone is convicted of a sexual crime, they may be placed on a National Sex Offender Information Registry and be at an increased risk of going to prison. You can also potentially be placed on a restraining order, preventing you from seeing your family. If you have been charged with incest or sex with a minor, Child Protection Services may also get involved. Typically, sexual assault charges are made solely on the allegations of one person without the need for witnesses.
Getting Help From a Lawyer
Our team of sexual assault claims lawyers in Calgary has all the skills and experience needed to successfully claim your case. If your case goes to trial, our team can defend you in the following ways:
- Interpreting the law in your favour – our team will argue precedent cases and laws that are most favourable for your case.
- Challenging the facts – our lawyers are experienced in proving your credibility and effectively cross-examine any witnesses and the compliant.
- Violations of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms – our team has exceptional knowledge of when your rights have been violated and can use the Charter to exclude any initial evidence against you.
- Navigating Special Evidentiary Rules – there are statuary limits and “rape shield” laws on challenging a compliant with their sexual history. Our lawyers will carefully navigate these rules to represent you successfully.
- Sentence – at times, the best action can be to reduce any damages done to you. Our lawyers will do our best to reduce your sentence as much as possible. This can include reducing jail time, avoiding jail time, and avoiding a criminal record.
Looking for a Sexual Harassment Claims Lawyer in Calgary?
Contact our office today. Our team of lawyers will listen to your case and effectively represent you.